If all you have is a paper version of your resume, you’re missing opportunities. Over 90% of employers are searching for potential talent online. Will you show up?
Online Visibility Is Important
Today’s modern job seeker is aware of how important online visibility is to their marketing campaign and “findability”.
Every day you have successes (small and large), but the only people who know about it are inside your company. What good is that?
Tell Your Story In New Ways
You have the opportunity and access to tools that let you tell your story in new and exciting ways.
This infographic by Davitt Corporate Partners is full of data and examples to help inspire you.
- Social Resumes (see examples of social resume tools here)
- Video Resumes (see an example of the SnapChat video here)
- Twitter Resumes
- Infographic Resumes (see 10 inspiring examples here) (68% of hiring managers, recruiter and HR pros told me they would look at an infographic resume!)
- MultiNational Resumes (user-friendly across the globe)
Image credit: www.davittcorporatepartners.com
There’s No Replacement for Great Writing
No matter where you choose to share your story or what format you choose to use, the words you use will always make a difference. Write well!
- Use STAR stories.
- Be clear and concise.
- Quantify your results.
- Avoid generic, trite keywords/terms.
- And by all means, spell check!
My book is filled with ideas and tips to help you get visual!
I wrote The Infographic Resume to help people looking for new opportunities to embrace their more creative side!
It is becoming harder to attract attention and this book includes examples of how job seekers have used visual resumes to stand out (and yes, get hired). I’m not saying everyone who uses visual resumes will land a job, I’m saying it is just one more tool in your kit! Why not try it! Get your copy today!