There is a method to the job search madness. And yes, there are specific steps you need to take in order to do this thing right!
What I want every person to understand is that there is a process for a successful job search (and to managing your career over the long haul).
The Process of Job Search
Your job search doesn’t begin by updating your resume! Follow the process of job search below and you’ll be much more successful!
I believe strongly in this process and the heavy emphasis up front on assessment and research, can make all the difference in the world. This allows you to discover or uncover what you really want to do when you grow up. You can learn more about each step by reading this: 6 Steps To Managing Your Job Search and Career
Job Responsibilities of a Job Seeker
Do you know what the job description for a job seeker looks like? You mean no one gave you a description of what you need to do to be successful? Here they are! This is tough stuff!
A modern job search requires you carry out these duties.
- Strategically manage online promotion of personal brand
- Plan and implement marketing strategy/campaign
- Develop new and manage existing relationships by systematic outreach and follow up
- Perform prospecting on the phone and in person to build a pipeline of opportunities
- Increase contact volume and enhance personal image in the community
- Monitor activities and performance to ensure activities meet or exceed established plan
- Balance a variety of projects simultaneously
- Write strong technical and marketing materials
- Other duties as assigned
Job Search Check List
Drilling down into the specifics, these are some of the most important things you’ll need during your job search. You can see the full explanation here.
Tools Just For You
I’ve compiled templates and downloads mentioned above on Job Search Tools Just For You.
Websites To Help Your Search
Use the best job search websites to find jobs, research, and help your job search. You’ll find the full list here.
If you need help with these things, then subscribe to my blog! I dish out advice, help, and motivation every week!