Here’s a productivity challenge! It really doesn’t matter who you are or what you do- doesn’t everyone want to be just a little more productive?
From what I’ve read, it seems it is actually possible to improve our productivity.
But here’s what I’ve found. Reading the advice doesn’t make me more productive. I have to actually DO some of the things. So, if you are at all like me (or even if you aren’t), I challenge you to try and implement/take action on the great stuff you read.
Challenge: 20 Ideas To Be More Productive
Feel free to get started with any one of these 20 ideas from Jeff Haden. His full explanation of each appears on Inc.
- Create systems, not goals
- Make temptations hard to reach
- Maximize and focus on your most important tasks
- Purposely allow less time for projects
- Stop in the middle of your project
- Chunk non-work-related tasks together
- Say “no” as much as you say “yes”
- Start small so you won’t mind doing it
- Build in frequent breaks
- If it takes less than 2 minutes, do it immediately
- Schedule “free time”
- Exercise in the morning
- Eat healthy meals
- Drink more water
- Take a productivity nap
- Spend more time with your favorite people
- Acknowledge the good before bed
- Write things down. Your brain is for thinking, not remembering
- Turn off alerts
- Start with one small goal
I love the idea that if something takes less than 2 minutes, then just do it and get it over with! I think that’s what I’ll start doing today!
What about you? Are you going to take the productivity challenge?
For more Motivation Monday ideas for your job search, go here: Motivation Monday
Hannah Morgan speaks and writes about job search and career strategies. She founded CareerSherpa.net to educate professionals on how to maneuver through today’s job search process. Hannah was nominated as a LinkedIn Top Voice in Job Search and Careers and is a regular contributor to US News & World Report. She has been quoted by media outlets, including Forbes, USA Today, Money Magazine, Huffington Post, as well as many other publications. She is also author of The Infographic Resume and co-author of Social Networking for Business Success.