This is a round up of my favorite posts from this week. They cross many topics but all focus on YOUR professional development. Have fun reading. I have provided some teaser points to help convince you to read the article.
63 Ways to Build Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem from The Chris Voss Show page
- Get crystal clear on the things that truly matter to you. If they’re not in your life, you need to bring them in.
- Write a list of the things you’re tolerating and putting up with in your life, then write down how you can remove, minimize or diminish each one.
- Look at a great win or success you’ve experienced and give yourself credit for your part in it. Recognizing your achievements is not egotistical, it’s healthy.
- Next time you’re at a social event, don’t just stick with the people you know – go and have a conversation with someone you don’t know and you never know what – or who – you’ll discover.
- Next time you talk yourself out of doing something (a party invite, a challenging project or whatever else), say ‘What the Hell’ and go do it anyway.
8 Life Lessons You Should Learn Today from LifeHack
- Ask for help from your professional and personal networks
- Hone your selling skills
6 Unexpected Things I learned About Life Through TED Talks from Openforum
(And by the way, if you haven’t gotten your ticket for the Rochester TEDX, you are probably too late, but check out their site to see who you will be missing!)
7 Keys to Switching from a Big Company to a Small Company One from Harvard Business Review
- Solve everything yourself
- Go faster
5 Effective Time Management Tips from Buzz to Bucks
- Schedule time on your calendar for your tasks
- Plan for the next day
Social Media Optimization for Personal Branding by Mike Fix of Fixitology
- Own the URL of your own name
- Use your name consistently across the web
And last but not least…This post is probably THE most important and I will be blogging more about it tomorrow in support of Job Action Day 2010!
Nine Key Workforce Trends for the Next Decade from Properist
Happy reading and make it a productive week. What will you incorporate into your plan this week?
Hannah Morgan speaks and writes about job search and career strategies. She founded CareerSherpa.net to educate professionals on how to maneuver through today’s job search process. Hannah was nominated as a LinkedIn Top Voice in Job Search and Careers and is a regular contributor to US News & World Report. She has been quoted by media outlets, including Forbes, USA Today, Money Magazine, Huffington Post, as well as many other publications. She is also author of The Infographic Resume and co-author of Social Networking for Business Success.