Are you thinking? Do you wonder? I constantly find myself trying to solve problems that are beyond my control- or are they? I get so discouraged when I hear people say “But it has always been this way” or “It is too big to change” or “Politics, Its Politics”.
Here are some things I think about:
- Healthcare options that are affordable
- Lower tax rates in New York State
- Teaching our youth to be problem-solvers and innovators
- Increased membership in my church
- Plowing the sidewalks in my town so people can walk and enjoy the outdoors
- Moving away from fossil fuel
- A better way to inform our workforce of trends impacting their jobs
- Inspiring financial responsibility or smarter spending (Need vs. Want)
- Teaching youth how to network and diversify their portfolio beyond sports
This is a short list. I know I don’t have the time or energy to tackle them all today, but I do hope to impact change in many of them before my time is out.
When I go back over this list, I realize, I do know people who could help make changes. I could inspire them or collaborate with them.
I want this world to be a better place. Don’t you? So, do you wonder? Are you thinking? Can you make a short list of things you would like to fix or make better? Maybe you can.
Oh, by the way, I am still reading Seth Godin’s Linchpin. Fascinating. Inspiring. Please read it! It makes me think and I bet it will make you think too.
Hannah Morgan speaks and writes about job search and career strategies. She founded CareerSherpa.net to educate professionals on how to maneuver through today’s job search process. Hannah was nominated as a LinkedIn Top Voice in Job Search and Careers and is a regular contributor to US News & World Report. She has been quoted by media outlets, including Forbes, USA Today, Money Magazine, Huffington Post, as well as many other publications. She is also author of The Infographic Resume and co-author of Social Networking for Business Success.