It is officially December and as we head into the hectic holidays, it is time to make sure all the stress doesn’t take its toll. Here are three tips for staying happy, healthy and wise!
#1 Be Happy
Whatever it is you love doing…do it! Do it today. Make time to do it as often as you can! Plain and simple!
#2 Get Fit!
My friend Anne Osovski has just the thing for you if you want to get a jump start on your resolution to work out more! Workout In a Bag is your own personal trainer. For only $0.99, Workout in a Bag is a simple to follow and fun app sure to get your heart pumping and muscles moving!
- Complete with moving photos, audio, iTunes Link and iTunes Calendar.
- Goal Driven – Work at finishing all of the exercises in the bag within the time you pick.
- Over 80 exercises that the bag randomly chooses from!
- Every bag is different which makes each workout exciting and new!
- Tracks and stores your favorite workout bags. Try to beat your favorite bag for time!
- Tracks each completed bag and indicates estimated calories burned.
- No need for expensive equipment!
#3 Be smart! Learn something new every day!
It may not be as hard as you think. More and more large universities are making their courses available online for free (or nearly free)! Formal learning isn’t always the answer. We learn by doing. Take on a project that will develop hands-on skills. Read a lot! Attend seminars, conferences, and programs! I love writing about ways to be a life-long-learner.
Smile, be grateful for all you have and do nice things for others! How simple is that!?
Hannah Morgan speaks and writes about job search and career strategies. She founded CareerSherpa.net to educate professionals on how to maneuver through today’s job search process. Hannah was nominated as a LinkedIn Top Voice in Job Search and Careers and is a regular contributor to US News & World Report. She has been quoted by media outlets, including Forbes, USA Today, Money Magazine, Huffington Post, as well as many other publications. She is also author of The Infographic Resume and co-author of Social Networking for Business Success.