No matter where you are in your career, either just getting started or leaning in towards retirement, it’s time to skill up!
Honing your skills and knowledge is such an important part of your success (in your job search and in your career).
Consider all the things you need to know:
- Know what employers are looking for
- Know your options
- Know your competition
- Know what skills you need
- Know how to strategically and proactively find a job
This quote by Matthew Sigelman, CEO of Burning Glass stuck out
When employers start hiring back up, they won’t necessarily hire the workers they let go. Instead, they will be looking for people with the skills that will be needed for the future.
Here’s what I hope you’ll take away from this week’s summary: the workforce and skills needed are changing at lightning speed. It can be challenging to keep up (I know first-hand), so skill up now!
This week’s summary is dedicated to helping you skill up! You’ll learn about:
- Which jobs there’s a growing demand for
- What you need to know about job search during the summer and pandemic
- The future of remote work and what it will mean
- Why digital skills are needed in today’s job search
- Networking and communication tips and advice
- How to enhance your business acumen
LABOR MARKET TRENDS
How a Remote Work Boom Will Affect Salaries, Jobs, and Where People Live | Ethan Wolff-Mann
Sharpen Your Digital Skills | Debra Wheatman
Job Search After a Layoff Due to Coronavirus | Margo Wickersham
Business Acumen: 6 Ways to Improve Yours | Sharlyn Lauby
What’s Changed About Networking (You May Be Surprised) | Dr. Dawn Graham