This is a round up of posts I’ve shared this week through Twitter that I feel are worth pulling together again. There is certainly no shortage of information out there to help job seekers and career enthusiasts. By pulling these posts together here each week, I hope two things happen.
2. You may find a new author, site or resource to follow.
NEW GRADUATE ADVICE
10 Tips for New Grads Hoping to Score a Job from US News & World Report
Twitter Chats You Should Know About
#ProCircles (Here is a most recent post with transcript of the chat) Thursday at 8pm EST
#InternPro (link to YouTern’s most recent chat summary) Monday at 9pm EST
#JobHuntChat (link to site with information) Monday at 10pm EST
#HFChat (link to summary posts and details) Friday at 12pm EST
Six Secrets to Quickly Land a Job from MonsterWorking
1. Demonstrate why you’re an excellent match to their job profile.
2. Get there first.
3. Get recommended by someone on the inside.
4. Prioritize your search.
5. Show up ready to talk to several people.
6. Be ready to jump when the offer is made
(Go ahead and read the full post for all the logic!)