Today is a big day for two reasons! This is my 1,000th post! (It is hard to believe there is that much to say about job search, right?) And it is also LAUNCH DAY!
Miriam Salpeter and I have been working on this eBook together and are so excited to finally be able to deliver it! But before I go into the promotional stuff, let me re-introduce the reasons why job seekers need this book.
Biggest Mistake Job Seekers Make Part 1 cites 9 mistakes on my blog
Biggest Mistake Job Seekers Make Part 2 cites 17 more mistakes
What mistakes do job seekers make part 1 lists 11 more mistakes
That’s 48 mistakes.
There are so many ways to go wrong in job search and the rules have changed. You’ll need a guide!
You Need a Job: 5 Steps to Get One!
This book is perfect for anyone who is new to job search or has been job searching awhile and is looking for a fix. Notice I didn’t say quick fix. There is no magic wand or quick fix in job search. It takes hard work and self-reflection. It requires you to develop and flex skills you’d rather not. But our eBook breaks it down into manageable pieces.
In our eBook, You Need a Job: 5 Steps to Get One, we teach you exactly what you need to know to:
- Start your search off on the right foot. (There are a few steps you may have skipped over that can mean the difference between landing or looking. We tell you what they are and walk you through it.)
- Network your way to success. (You’ve been networking? You may find out you’re “not networking.” Learn what networking is and what it’s not, and how knowing the difference can make all the difference for your job hunt.)
- Learn how to make social media work. (We’ve broken it down into five steps for you.)
- Apply for jobs. (Once you know the inside scoop, the clouds will clear and the birds will sing!)
- Rock your interview. (Memorize answers? NO! Learn what employers are really wanting to know, and how to give them exactly what they want.)
In short — you will learn exactly what you need to know to get the job. In five steps.
We’ve broken down all the most important parts of looking for a job into the “top five,” so you will know exactly where to start and how to succeed. Read our book to learn how to answer the five questions you need to know to get your job search off to the right start.
No fluff. No extras. Just the nitty-gritty – a laser focus on what you need to know NOW to stop looking and start landing.