Searching for a new job is different today. It’s complicated. So is managing your career. But if you take the time to learn what you need to do and really hone your skills, you’ll find the process less frustrating or daunting. Heck, you may even find it extremely gratifying.
We can all agree that job search sucks. It requires a strategy. And you can’t just coast through your career. You need a plan of attack there too.
These posts were shared on social media this week and were some of the most re-shared. I hope by reading these articles you get some ideas on how to detangle the complexities of job search and career management and that they help make a difference is how you move forward!
by JobScan | YouTern
These are 5 things you should plan on doing ASAP.
by Sara McCord | The Muse
EVERYONE faces rejection during a job search. It’s going to happen. The secret is not letting that rejection get in your way of moving forward. PLEASE, read this great post!
by Lea McLeod | YouTern
The best way to get an interview is by being a referred candidate. Learn how to target employers and improve your job search results!
by Lisa Rangel | Chameleon Resumes
Isn’t it time you started using these 4 tools to organize your job search?
by Jules Schroeder | Forbes
Pay attention to the four things you can do to build the right online presence.
by Lolly Daskal | Inc.
Your career success is greatly determined by how likable you are…really! Invest more time in taking these steps to improve your career trajectory!
SMALL BUSINESS RECRUITING & HIRING
If you know a small business looking to improve how they hire, please tell them about this free webinar series Mark S. Babbitt and I are doing. It is hosted by WorkConnect by SAP. Register for free here:
Part 1: (Recording is available)
Part 2: The Interview Stage:
May 11 @ 9 am PST / 12 pm EST
- What to ask in the interview to avoid a bad hire
- How to ensure you don’t overlook a great candidate and hire a diverse team
- What’s the best way to get your team involved in the hiring process
- The biggest hiring mistake to avoid
- How to emphasize your company culture in the interview
Part 3: How to Onboard and Retain New Hires
May 18 @ 9 am PST / 12 pm EST
- Creating an onboarding process that works
- Ensuring the collaboration of existing employees
- Providing flexible work schedules that work for your employee and business
- Ensuring top employees see a future with your business
- Making sure they’re aware of leadership and mentoring opportunities